Released on A Future Without 2010.

Thursday, October 8, 2009


I have written 12 tracks and will be recording 6 of them with my band next month. These tracks were mainly composed and conceived in and around Krakow. The compositions are my experiences from living in this city, i.e the daily sounds and sights. These tunes are my 'sound track' and they represent a different day, experience.I see my experiences like a film hence the name 'Kino orchestra' kino is the Polish for cinema . The compositions are my sonic representation(s) of my visual memories. They are rich in melodic 'sound track' ideas and are influenced by Jobim, Edu Lobo,Kzrysztofa Komeda, Sergio Mendes, Serge Gainsburgh,Lalo Shiffrin, Ennio Morricone, Luis Bacalov, Wes Montgomery, Miles Davis, Bernard Herman, Herbie Hancock, Charles Mingus etc..At the moment I am rehearsing them to get them ready and sweet. Once they are recorded I will contact 6 film makers to make 6 short films for each track then perform them live with the film. The films will be like a score for us to follow.

These latest pictures are our rehearsals and were shot by James Howard.

Does anyone know some good recording techniques for jazz production? I want them to sound old like 50's 60's records.

Once they are ready they will be released by A Future Without .

Next month I will be taking a guitar workshop....

Keep posted for information......

Last week I saw Stanko and band/orchestra play Krzysztofa Komeda's compositions about 5 mins from my house. This was an amazing free gig and have been thinking about this all week. I think it will influence how I want the recordings to sound. This band/orchestra were very subtle and blended in very well with each other, The band and orchestra were very good together.

The latest photos are from my last rehearsal, they were also shot by the very capable photographer James Howard. He has been very busy photographing bands that perform in Krakow. Anyway hope you like them


The band is sounding better and better thanks to the great musicians I am working with.

Here is a link to old concerts in Alchemia, Krakow




Check out my compositions in progress, they are starting to take some kind of shape now..

If you want to contact me please email me; gilesbarratt@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment